Join our team! Events and Online Communication Coordinator at Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission
Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission is an independent policy commission with a mandate to explore practical policy options for Canada that support both the economy and the environment. See www.ecofiscal.ca for details.
The Events and Online Communications Coordinator will play a critical role in expanding the reach of the Ecofiscal Commission. This is an opportunity to support an organization that is helping shape Canada’s environmental and economic policy landscape.
The Event and Online Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities will include the following:
Government and Business Relations
- Working with the Outreach Manager to implement our government and business relations strategy, including stakeholder analysis and research of specific groups to engage.
- Organizing events with partner organizations, including logistics.
- Coordinating meetings for the Chair, Executive Director, and Research Associates with stakeholder groups (government, business, and civil society
Supporting professional development courses
- Supporting the development of professional development courses developed and delivered by the Ecofiscal Commission
- Identifying potential attendees for courses
- Providing stakeholder outreach to support course registration
- Managing event logistics
Social media and network building
- Developing and distributing a monthly newsletter and event blasts
- Supporting social media work by creating graphic design and video content
- Building Ecofiscal’s social media audience and appropriately engaging influencers with social media ads and social responses
- Maintaining Ecofiscal stakeholder mailing lists
Website maintenance and SEO
- Keeping website content up to date: weekly blogs, events and media
- Coordinating the maintenance of the website, including effective SEO
- Developing and implementing new website features, e.g. for new reports
- Tracking and reporting website analytics
The ideal candidate for this role is:
- A strong project manager, who is extremely organized and detail-oriented
- An enthusiastic team player with a passion for policy
- Fluent in digital communications, with the ability to learn new skills or platforms quickly if needed
- Pro-active and self-directing, with a good sense of when it is necessary to seek guidance, confirmation, and direction.
- Experienced in government relations, public policy and/or event coordination
- A savvy social media user
- Experienced in graphic design and video editing skills
- A high-energy and high-capacity multi-tasker with the ability to keep many balls in the air and prioritize tasks
- Adaptable and comfortable in an “entrepreneurial” environment
Fluency in French is a strong asset
- The ideal start date is February 1st 2018.
- The position will be located in Toronto or Ottawa, ON.
- The position will be structured as a (renewable) one-year full-time contract.
- Salary will be between $40,000 and $45,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit cover letters and resume to email@example.com by January 12, with “Events and Online Communication Coordinator” in the subject line. We regret that only successful candidates will be contacted.